Saturday, September 12, 2009

Human pins, inhuman heat



You really must love art to take it to the next level. This group - and I have no idea who they are - "performed" this "act" during high summer in NY. It was probably around 90F when I saw them for the first time. Their act consisted basically in walking around dressed as black human pins. The visual was really interesting and intriguing, and they would just stop for a while and keep walking around. I saw them more then once. It was surely a very creative idea and clearly though through. The costumes where well done and there were male and female pins. I'm not sure what was the point exactly but it doesn't matter. I think that's true for most art pieces, isn't it. Congrats to these "fellas" for doing what they believe, even if that includes dressing like a black human pin on the hottest days of they year.

No comments: